The author Editorial by Crypto247
- EazyPay, an online payments platform regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), has announced that it has partnered with Binance Pay to enable payments in the cryptocurrency country. This cryptocurrency payment option will be available at more than 5,000 point-of-sale (POS) terminals and online payment gateways across Bahrain, the statement said.
- The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions is reportedly looking to join Celsius Network’s bankruptcy case as an interested party. In a motion filed this week, Deputy State Attorney General Stephen Manning asked the judge overseeing the case to recognize that on behalf of Washington’s financial regulator.
- The long-awaited Vasil update for Cardano (ADA) has now been released and approved by the Cardano Foundation. Its goal is to significantly improve Cardano’s performance and capacity, improve script performance and efficiency, and reduce costs. Vasil’s full capacity will be available on September 27th, along with the activation of the Plutus V2 cost model, which offers lower transaction costs for smart contracts.
- Coinbase has received permission to offer a full suite of retail and institutional cryptocurrency products and services in the Netherlands.
- Tether Operations Limited has revealed that it is already on the Polkadot blockchain. Polkadot (DOT) is an open source distributed ledger project that combines blockchains, decentralized finance (defi) and the Web3 ecosystem. Tether holds the largest holdings of stablecoins worldwide since September 23rd. it has a market cap of $68.24 billion.