Ingredients for 4 servings
For the coconut milk:
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 25 ml Coconut syrup (alternative Apple juice or agave syrup)
- 4 sticks Lemongrass
- 25 ml crustacean stock from the supermarket
- 7 grams of salt
For the marinade:
- 20 g cumin seeds
- 3 g Bockshornklee-saat
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom syrup
- About 400g of vegetables such as cauliflower, romanesco, broccoli
For the sauce:
- 1 TL Speisestärke
- Maybe some sugar or salt
Nährwerte pro Portion:
- Energy: 3,199 kJ / 761 kcal
- Protein: 39 g
- Fett: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Salt: 2g
Recipes and cookbooks for you
- It doesn’t matter whether it’s about healthy eating, vegetarian and vegan dishes or delicious grill ideas: we have recipes for all occasions and every taste. Here you will find our recipe collection.
- The cookbooks from Stiftung Warentest should not be missing in any kitchen – including Aroma vegetables, kitchen laboratory and the side diet. The gives you an overview of the large offer Book shop on test.de.
Perfume coconut milk. Put the coconut milk, syrup, stock, salt and roughly chopped lemongrass in a saucepan. Let everything simmer for about 15 minutes. Keep warm for an hour to allow flavors to transfer. Remove lemongrass.
Tip: New pot due? in the cooking pot test find suitable models.
Travel yarn.Pour 250 ml of the perfumed coconut milk into a saucepan, add the rice. Fill up with enough water so that it stands about 4 cm above the rice. Cook gently with the lid closed. You can find good rice at Basmatireis-Test the Stiftung Warentest.
Marinate shrimp. Roast the cumin and fenugreek in a pan, grind finely. Grate lemon zest. Squeeze half a lemon, finely chop the garlic. Mix everything together with the remaining marinade ingredients. Leave the shrimp in it for half an hour.
Tip: Do you want to enjoy shrimp with a clear conscience? in the Shrimp Test find out which ones have the right quality and which sustainability seals you can rely on.
cook vegetables Put 350 ml of perfumed coconut milk in a saucepan, fill up with a little water and cook the vegetables in it. Take out, keep warm.
Fry shrimp. Briefly sear the prawns in the marinade, deglaze with the juice of the second half of the lemon and leave to simmer in a hot pan. Salt if necessary – for example with Fleur de Sel.
stir the sauce. Boil the remaining coconut milk – also from the cooked vegetables – and thicken with starch. Season to taste with sugar and salt.
Serve. Serve the rice with vegetables and shrimp, drizzle over the sauce.
Tip from the test kitchen
Use heat-stable flavorings. Lemongrass contains strong aromatic compounds like the lemony citral and the floral myrcene. Both dissolve excellently in the fat of the coconut milk and tolerate heat. “Shrimp absorb flavorings quickly and only need to marinate for half an hour,” explains Professor Dr. Guido Ritter. The scientific director of the Food Lab at the Münster University of Applied Sciences developed the recipe for test.
spice up rice. When rice is cooked in water and coconut milk, its consistency is reminiscent of fine rice pudding and the taste is reminiscent of tropical…