Updated: 01/31/2022 – 15:40
Keto caramel chocolate bar with vegan cookie dough
This keto caramel chocolate bar offers you three irresistible layers of soft cookie dough, creamy caramel and aromatic chocolate: So much sweet pleasure, and all without sugar!
And this is how it’s done:
- First, line a deep baking tray with parchment paper and set aside for later use.
- For the cookie dough base, add the syrup and coconut oil to a small saucepan and heat slowly, stirring constantly. Remove the pot from the heat and fold in the almond flour and salt into the warm mixture until a thick, uniform batter forms. Spread this dough evenly on the baking sheet lined with baking paper and press flat. Place the baking sheet in the fridge.
- In the meantime, prepare the other layers. For the caramel, combine the almond butter, syrup and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over medium-high heat. Then remove from the stove and mix well again.
- Then take the cookie dough out of the fridge and spread the caramel on top. Place the tray back in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- When the caramel layer has set, break the sugar-free chocolate into small pieces and melt over a water bath together with the coconut oil. Pour the glaze over the caramel layer and spread evenly so that the caramel is no longer visible.
- Put everything in the fridge one last time and wait for the chocolate to set. Once that is the case, just divide everything into 20 bars and enjoy! The bars can be stored and enjoyed for another 2 weeks in the fridge.
This Keto Caramel Chocolate Bars combine several forms of nutrition. As the name suggests, one of them is the ketogenic diet. In this form, an attempt is made to completely avoid carbohydrates and thus also sugar. Luckily, there are many alternatives to sugar that still allow you to enjoy sweets.
You can find these alternatives in many grocery stores. But with the right ingredients, you can make a lot of things yourself. For example, have you wondered what exactly…