For your keto diet, nuts are ideal as a tasty and healthy snack. However, not all types of nuts are equally recommended. We have put together a list for you.
Ketogenic diet – these nuts are allowed
Nuts are good suppliers of protein, which is why many types of nuts are ideal for the ketogenic diet integrate. Nuts also contain healthy fats and plenty of minerals.
- Recommended nuts include almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts – and coconut. You can also snack on peanuts, but peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes.
- The range of nuts you can nibble on a ketogenic diet also includes macadamia nuts, pecans and pistachios.
- In addition to nuts, kernels and seeds are also suitable for expanding the menu. Pumpkin seeds, sesame, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, cashew nuts, chia seeds, linseed and hemp seeds are allowed.
- However, nuts and seeds not only bring a lot of healthy ingredients, but also plenty of carbohydrates. For this reason, you should not snack on large amounts of nuts.
- Incidentally, macadamias, Brazil nuts, pecan nuts, almonds and coconut have the lowest carbohydrate content.
- Pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts and pine nuts should only be eaten occasionally in small amounts due to their high carbohydrate content.