Mankind has always had experience with apple cider vinegar and its positive effects on our health in many cultures. However, what about the targeted use of apple cider vinegar for weight loss? How and when should it be taken? What Recipes Do Experts Suggest for an Apple Cider Vinegar Diet? Is it advisable to use apple cider vinegar with honey the medicinal root ginger, to take with lemon or with water? What risks and precautions should be considered? These are important facts that we will illuminate for you below.
Losing weight with apple cider vinegar: properties and health effects
To put it simply, apple cider vinegar is made from pressed apples, which are then distilled and then fermented. This process can take up to a month. The active ingredient in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid, which is typically a mild 5-6% for this type of vinegar. Vinegar has a sour taste and a unique smell.
In the history of medicine, apple cider vinegar was even said to have antibiotic, antifungal and antibacterial effects. It was even used in ancient times to treat scurvy. Whether this finds scientific confirmation today is doubtful.
Nevertheless, this remedy is a real all-rounder – whether in naturopathy, for example in Indian Ayurvedic medicine, in the Cosmetics for skin and hairin the kitchen to refine fresh salads, even in the home as an unconventional, cheap and toxin-free remedy against impurities.
Does drinking apple cider vinegar actually help you lose weight?
Studies by scientists from Harvard University with mammals have shown that apple cider vinegar has a positive effect on the storage of fat cells in the tissues and increases metabolism. Studies with human subjects showed a moderately positive effect on weight loss with the help of apple cider vinegar.
Drink apple cider vinegar drink in the morning or in the evening?
In another study of a human experimental group of 175 subjects, they were divided into three groups and given 0, 1, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar dissolved in liquid and distributed throughout the day. After three months, those subjects who had consumed apple cider vinegar had lost 1 to 2 kg in weight compared to the control group, which had not lost any weight.
The scientists could not find any indication of a particular importance of the intake time – ie you can take a refreshing apple cider vinegar drink throughout the day.
Apple cider vinegar to lose weight – conclusion
Given the fact that small amounts of apple cider vinegar are conducive to good health, it is worth including in your daily diet. It is a useful additional helper, e.g. B. as part of a change in diet for weight loss.
Especially for the summer months we have put together a number of refreshing and easy-to-conjure up recipe ideas with delicious and healthy combination options.
Recipe ideas with apple cider vinegar to lose weight
The basic recipe is very simple – one to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (organic) dissolved in 250 ml of warm or cold mineral water, sparkling water or tea. Apple cider vinegar should never be drunk pure, but always dissolved in water. The maximum intake of apple cider vinegar per day should never exceed 3-4 teaspoons in total.
When choosing the tea, you can follow your own taste and combine it as you please:
- Green tea or rooibos tea with apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon lemon
- Ginger tea with apple cider vinegar and honey
- Mineral water with apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice, honey, ½ tsp cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper
- Apple Cider Vinegar Lemonade: Fizzy mineral water with apple cider vinegar and 1-2 teaspoons of honey
Warnings and side effects
Before you consider an apple cider vinegar diet, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- First of all, it must be clear that vinegar should never be taken undiluted.
- The daily dose, which varies from source to source in the literature, is always in the range of one (15ml) to a maximum of two tablespoons or 4 teaspoons per day and should not be exceeded.
- If you are taking medication, especially diuretics, which ones with high blood pressure are taken, you should consult your doctor because apple cider vinegar can negatively affect the potassium levels in the body.
- Insulin values can also be influenced by apple cider vinegar, so in this case too, it is advisable to…