The popular Christmas cake can be baked quickly and easily at home.
These are the ingredients you need:
- 4 Owner
- 125 g of soft butter
- 250 grams of sugar
- 300 grams of flour
- 70 grams of cocoa powder
- 30 grams of chopped nuts
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 price Nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 175 milliliters of milk
Our advice: If you put the cake in vegan option If you want to bake, that’s fine too. Just replace the butter with margarine, the milk with a plant-based option (oat milk is extra creamy), and the eggs with two mashed bananas. Instead of bananas, you can also soak a tablespoon of flaxseed in three tablespoons of water and mix it into the dough.
Spice Pie: This is how you do it with a delicious Christmas classic
Spice cake is often served a Ring cake form bakes about 22 centimeters in diameter. However, the result also looks good in box form.
Beforehand, grease the mold well with butter, margarine or neutral vegetable oil, then you can start.
- Open the oven 160 degree convection heat and prepare the ingredients.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks with the butter and sugar.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, spices and milk and mix well with a hand mixer. Here’s an extra tip for an extra fluffy cake: Instead of milk, you can also use cream, a cup of sour cream or oat cream to make the cake even more juicy. You really can a splash of mineral water put it in the dough, it’s real insider tip for fluffy and dignified cakes!
- Now carefully mix in the beaten egg whites with a spoon or spatula.
- Finally, add the nuts and pour the batter into the mold.
- Cake about 45 minutes bake in the oven. You can try with a fork or a toothpick to see if the dough does not stick to it. When the cake is baked, the fork remains clean and no pieces of dough stick to it.
After baking, let the cake cool completely, then you can easily turn it out onto a plate. Because of chocolate topping you can melt 200 grams of bittersweet couverture and cover the cake with it. Finally, decorate with colorful sprinkles and you’re done your Christmas spice cake!
Are you looking forward to Christmas and the holidays? Then you may also be interested in these articles: