What do benefits mean to consumers and how do they work?


Federal government gas price brake

What do benefits mean to consumers and how do they work?


Symbolic image on the subject of the gas price freeze (Source: dpa/Jiri Hera)

dpa / Jiri Hera

Audio: rbb24 Inforadio | 11/23/2022 | Christopher Jähnert | Bild: dpa / Jiri Hera

Like the electricity price brake, the gas price brake should be in effect from 2023. month of January. How exactly will I be relieved, do I need to take action and is early implementation realistic? Questions and answers from the user’s perspective.

When will the gas price brake come into effect?

Gas price brake should apply retroactively from January. This can be seen from the bill presented to the German Press Agency on Tuesday. Such a starting point was already foreseen for the electricity price brake. Both should last until 2024. spring

How do price brakes work?

From the price of gas will be for specific use restricted: Consumers should account for 80 percent of their consumption no more than twelve cents per kilowatt hour (gross) – the remaining 20 percent then costs as much as provided for in the gas supply contract. address central heating valid 9.5 cents per kilowatt hour.

From electricity price should also account for 80 percent of annual consumption 40 cents per kilowatt hour (gross) are limited.

The basis is the forecast of the household’s annual consumption.

Everyone will pay deductions directly to the gas supplier reduced price on the fuel bill (respectively electricity bill) to receive. Who as a tenant his heating costs about additional costs payment, the lessor or billing service provider will calculate the amount of savings and Reduce the down payment accordingly. In March, the benefit amounts for 2023 will also be credited retroactively. January and February

How much money can I save with this tool?

Wer less than twelve cents per kilowatt hour of gas pays accordingly less than 40 cents per kilowatt hour of electricitybecomes no benefit from price brakes to have

Gas: According to the Check 24 gas price index, the average price in November was 16 cents per kilowatt hour. A household up 120 m² lives (estimated consumption: 20,000 kWh) and therefore would currently cap the gas price 640 euros per year is waived 30 m² (about 5000 kWh) household for 160 euros.

According to comparison portal Verivox, a kilowatt hour of gas currently costs 19 cents on average for new customers. [verivox.de]. According to the Brandenburg Consumer Advisory Center, the price before the Ukraine conflict averaged between four and six cents per kilowatt hour.

Strom: When it comes to electricity consumption, the number of people living in the household plays a bigger role. Assuming the current average electricity price for November is 46 cents per kilowatt hour, a Household of four persons (estimated consumption 5000 kWh) at this time reduced by 220 euros per year. A one-person household (about 1500 kWh) would save 66 euros.

Currently, the new contract costs between 55 and 65 cents per kilowatt hour. Pre-crisis costs were around 20-30 cents per kilowatt-hour, according to the Brandenburg Consumer Advisory Center.

It’s worth saving consumers, because if the actual consumption is less than 80 percent of the previous year’s consumption, the exemption from the gas price brake must not be returned.

Also, the cap is only up to 80 percent of the base quota. Any excess consumption will be charged to consumers according to the contract price, and supplier prices will increase significantly in the coming years.

At the turn of two years, the price of electricity will increase by 54 percent, by 61…

Source link

READ
How many people live on earth? world population development
Previous How smart are economists?
Next Zelensky told the UN Security Council that the Russian Federation's missile strikes are a crime against humanity.