Cheap recipes are currently very popular. We show you an ingenious dish for under 3 euros that not only tastes super delicious, but also helps you to throw away less food. Leftover food at its finest!
This fall and winter, many families need to tighten their belts. When it comes to weekly shopping, every euro counts. That’s why we show you recipes every day that are cheap, easy to make and taste really delicious. On offer today: farmer’s feast.
The delicious pan-fried dish for less than 3 euros is not only a real lightning-fast recipe, but also the finest leftover food that saves you money. Because throwing away less food means spending less money!
Quick recipe idea in the video: How to make pan lasagne
Simple recipe for farmer’s feast
You need for 4 servings:
- 1 kg waxy potatoes
- 200 g sausage in one piece (salami, meat sausage or raw food)
- 6 gherkins
- 4 Owner
- salt and pepper
And it’s this easy:
1. Boil the potatoes as jacket potatoes. Allow to cool slightly and peel. Then cut into cubes. Tip: You can also prepare the boiled potatoes the day before, so the farmer’s feast goes even faster.
2. Dice the sausage as well and cut the gherkin into pieces.
3. Put some oil in a large pan, heat it up and fry the potato pieces and the sausage pieces in it until they have colour. Then mix in the gherkin pieces.
4. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Pour over the Bauernschmaus pan and carefully fold in. Reduce the heat and wait a moment for the egg to set. Alternatively, you can also put the eggs as fried eggs on the hot farmer’s feast and let them cook in the pan.
5. Finally season with salt and pepper. The ingenious leftover meal is ready!
Pimp the farmer’s feast: It’s that easy
The great thing about the farmer’s feast: You can throw whatever your fridge has in the pan and use up leftovers. For example, diced tomatoes or peppers taste delicious in a pan dish.
Spring onions, which you cut into fine slices and sprinkle over the food at the end, give a nice aroma and also visually enhance the farmer’s feast.
The following applies to the sausage: the more heavily it is smoked, the more intense the taste of the farmer’s feast. Diced salami gives the food a smoky touch, while meat sausage brings in a milder note. Be completely free and test the combo of ingredients that you like the most.
News, tips and trends… we have many exciting topics for you!
We wish you a lot of fun preparing and enjoying. Feel free to share your favorite ingredient combination with us on Facebook or Instagram. We always look forward to hearing from you!