Whether for a cup of coffee in the afternoon or in between on the playground for the children: On some days, snacks for the little hunger are simply part of it. Cookies from the supermarket usually contain far too much sugar. The solution is: make it yourself and dose the sugar precisely or simply replace it with sweet fruit.
The following recipe for oatmeal biscuits is quick and easy to bake. And the best: The healthy oatmeal in the dough provide plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals, they protect our immune system and are good for the intestinal flora. The hazelnuts score with unsaturated fatty acids and lots of potassium.
Recipe for oatmeal cookies: the ingredients
For about 25 biscuits you will need:
- 200 g rolled oats, preferably crunchy ones
- 50 g ground hazelnuts (alternatively almonds)
- 130g softened butter
- 50 g Honig
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 TL Backpulver
- pinch of salt and cinnamon
Optionally, you can also add: 50 g dried fruit, for example cranberries; a handful of chopped walnuts and small chocolate chips.
Oatmeal in the test
Good to know: not all oat flakes on the market are free of problematic substances, like our current test of pithy ones oatmeal indicates. Some products in the test are contaminated with glyphosate and mold toxins – click here to find out more:
Make oatmeal biscuits yourself: Here’s how
- Mash the banana and place in a bowl with the hazelnuts, butter, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the ingredients together while adding all the remaining ingredients (including their optional ones).
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees convection.
- Using your hands or a tablespoon, form small mounds of cookie dough and press into a bowl parchment paper or baking mat lined baking tray.
- Bake the oatmeal cookies in the oven for about twelve minutes. They’re done when they’re golden brown on the surface.
Homemade Oatmeal Cookies: Tips
- If the cookie dough is too stiff, add a small egg to the dough.
- If the dough sticks when forming the cookies, dampen your hands with water.
- Do you want to vegan oatmeal cookies bake, substituting the butter Margarine and the honey with agave syrup.
- If you store the cookies in a tin, they will keep for at least a week.
Read more on oekotest.de: