Snack on your own creations during Advent, but don’t feel like baking? Then try the homemade speculoos chocolate truffles.
Actually, in the run-up to Christmas, baking is the order of the day. Numerous households across Germany have opened the Christmas bakery and are arguing about which one best quark stollen recipe is who the bakes the juiciest Hilda rolls and whose puffs of butter taste more heavenly. If you don’t feel like baking at all, buys gingerbread in the supermarketor drink one once a year 2022 not exactly cheap – mulled wine at the Christmas market.
However, if you want to create something of your own, but just don’t feel like baking, then you might want to try the recipe for Speculaas Chocolate Truffles. The fine homemade chocolate pralines fit perfectly into the Advent season and you don’t need an oven for them.
Sample image – not the actual recipe image
Christmas baking without baking: You need the following ingredients for speculoos chocolate truffles
- 50 g speculoos
- 100 ml Sahne
- 300 g chocolate (milk or dark)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 El Kakao
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
Don’t want to miss any more recipes and kitchen tricks?
Christmas baking: You don’t need an oven to prepare the speculoos truffle
- Crumble the speculoos into a bowl.
- Then heat the cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat so that it warms but does not boil. Gradually add the chocolate, stirring constantly, so that it melts evenly.
- Add the crumbled speculoos and salt to the melted chocolate cream and stir thoroughly.
- Take the pot off the stove. First let it cool down a bit before you put it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- In the meantime, you can prepare a shallow bowl or plate in which you mix cocoa, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the cooled chocolate speculoos mixture into small balls and roll them back and forth in the cocoa, sugar and cinnamon mixture.