What’s better than a big apple strudel? Lots of mini apple strudel with creamy vanilla filling and crunchy puff pastry! Made quickly, unbeatably delicious and the sweetest temptation that has been on your plate for a long time.
Autumn time is apple time! But always just apple pie is boring. We want variety on the cake plate. That’s why we’ve prepared a recipe that makes a lot, but is quick and easy. Our quick mini apple strudel score with a juicy-sweet filling made of apples and vanilla pudding, covered in light, crispy and wonderfully buttery puff pastry. They are so delicious that one after the other disappears in your mouth.
First in the video: Alsatian-style apple pie
In addition, the apple strudel in small format are real lightning cakes. Thanks to the finished puff pastry, you save a lot of time and can be sure that your baking will be successful. A real win-win situation.
Mini apple strudel with puff pastry: easy recipe
You only need a few ingredients for our sugar-sweet mini apple strudel. To give the strudel filling the perfect sweet and sour aroma, you should use the Braeburn, Boskop or Elstar apple varieties. The vanilla pudding as an extra filling gives the sweet snack a wonderfully creamy note that harmonises perfectly with the sweet and sour apples.
Tip in advance: The easiest way to make the mini apple strudel with vanilla filling is in a muffin tin.
Ingredients for 12 mini cakes:
- 3 large apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 150 g flaked almonds
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- some whipped cream
- some water
For the filling:
- 1 pack vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 250ml milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C fan oven and grease the muffin tin generously with oil or butter.
2. Peel the apples, cut into small cubes of about 1 cm and mix in a bowl with the lemon juice, almonds and brown sugar.
3. Halve the puff pastry and roll out the first half thinly. Then cut into three equal strips. Dip a pastry brush in whipped cream and brush the puff pastry strips with it.
4. Now put half of the apple and almond mixture in the middle of the puff pastry strips. Leave about a hand’s breadth of space on one side of each strip. So only put 2/3 of the filling on the strips. Leave a space of 1-2 cm all around. This will make it easier for you to roll up the puff pastry.
5. Brush some water on the free edge and roll up the puff pastry strips. Press down on the sides to keep the apples from falling out. Then cut the three small strudels in half and place the 6 mini strudels in the greased muffin tin. Repeat the process with the other half of the puff pastry and the apple filling so that you end up with 12 mini apple strudel.
6. Now for the vanilla filling. Mix the vanilla pudding powder with a little milk until smooth. Then bring the remaining milk to a boil in a saucepan and stir in the mixed pudding. Boil briefly until the pudding thickens slightly. Then spoon it onto the apple strudel.
7. Finally, brush the apple strudel with cream and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Spice up apple strudel in small format: It’s that easy
Would you like to put the icing on the cake for the mini apple strudel? Then, for example, mix a handful of raisins marinated in rum with the apple filling. If you don’t drink alcohol or bake for children, replace the rum with aromatic almond syrup. A teaspoon of cinnamon in the filling gives the small apple strudel a nice wintry touch.
Recipe idea: Also try our juicy apple pies from the tin
News, tips and trends… we have many exciting topics for you!
We wish you a lot of fun baking and enjoying. You are welcome to send us a photo of your apple thaler on Facebook or Instagram – we look forward to it!