You don’t have to stand in the kitchen for hours to cook one of Steffen Henssler’s recipes: “I’m not a friend of lengthy preparation and complicated preparation methods,” explains the TV chef and author directly in the foreword of his Book “The main thing is delicious”*, now remastered with 118 timeless classics. And so it is with his beef stir-fry with chili and basil: a delicious dish with refined flavors that takes no longer than half an hour to prepare. Here we go!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 organic lime
- 1 cm fresh ginger root (about 5 g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 THE Worcestersauce
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 400 g beef fillet
- 1 small red chilli
- 4 sprigs of Thai basil (or substitute regular basil)
- 4 spring onions
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 20 minutes for marinating
A simple bowl of rice goes well with the beef stir-fry. By the way: The beef fillet can also be simply replaced with chicken breast!
- Rinse the lime in hot water, finely grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze out the juice. Finely slice the ginger with the skin on. Peel the garlic, cut into fine slices. Coarsely crush the peppercorns in a mortar.
- In a large bowl (you’ll need to add the meat as well) stir together the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, brown sugar, and crushed pepper.
- Thinly slice the beef across the grain, mix with the marinade and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the chili, deseed and cut into very fine rings. Wash the basil, shake dry, pluck off the leaves. Clean and wash the spring onions and cut diagonally into thin rings.
- Heat the oil very high in a pan or wok. ginger and garlic slices
Fry in it for a minute. Add the beef fillet with the marinade and stir constantly
- Add spring onions and chili rings. Continue stirring for about a minute
salt. Sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve immediately.
Tip from Henssler: “When you roast meat that has been cut into strips, it is particularly important that the pan is very hot – so that the meat does not draw juices and start to cook. That is why the roasting has to be done very quickly. And it’s better to roast in stages if the If the pan gets too full, it cools down and the meat juice escapes.”
In the video: Henssler’s pork fillet pan à la Saltimbocca
Little time? Here are quick numbers from Henssler
From “the hottest vegetables in the world” to classic chicken fricassee and vegan wok vegetables to delicious pasta and sweet apple and pear crumble: The name says it all with “Henssler’s quick number” – the finished meal is on the table in just a few minutes. All recipes can be found here!
Stream “Grill den Henssler” with Steffen Henssler on RTL+
At “Grill den Henssler” on VOX, Steffen Henssler does what he does best: grilling celebrities on the stove. Entire episodes are available for streaming on RTL+ ready. (rka)
*We use affiliate links in this post. If you buy a product through these links, we receive a commission from the seller. There are no additional costs for you. Where and when you buy a product is of course up to you.