Cake generally has the gift of making people happy. This rhubarb sour cream cake is no exception and easy to bake too. Try it.
- Rhubarb is still in season and is suitable for many recipes.
- A classic is rhubarb cake, which in this recipe comes with a sour cream topping.
- The rhubarb sour cream cake is quick and easy to bake.
The annual rhubarb harvest begins in mid-April and traditionally ends on St. John’s Day, i.e. on June 23rd. So you still have time until then lots of delicious recipes to try with the sour-fruity vegetables – from Compote from syrup to cakes. This rhubarb sour cream cake should be at the top of the list because it tastes heavenly and is so easy to bake. So it’s best to try it out soon. As Make your own rhubarb syrup step by stepexplained 24garten.de.
Rhubarb and sour cream cake: You need these ingredients for the recipe
For the ground:
- 150 grams of flour
- 100 g Butter
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1 No.
- 600 g Rhabber
- 3 cups of sour cream
- 4 Eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 packet of pudding powder
How to bake the rhubarb sour cream cake
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C top/bottom heat and carefully grease the springform pan (26 cm diameter).
- Now mix the flour with the sugar and knead everything with the egg and butter to form a dough for the base. It will be easier for you if you Cut the butter into small pieces beforehand.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film to keep it from drying out and set the dough aside 30 minutes cold in the fridge.
- Wash the rhubarb thoroughly, cut off the dried ends and pull off the woody strands.
- Now you can cut the rhubarb into pieces of about 2 cm.
- For the filling, mix the sour cream with the eggs, the sugar and the pudding powder smooth. Take care that no lumps form.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and flatten it in the springform pan. Important: Form all around a small edge.
- Now first distribute the pieces of rhubarb on the base and then the sour cream mixture.
- Then bake the rhubarb sour cream cake in the oven for about 50 minutes.
If the sour cream icing browns too quickly, you can cover the cake with aluminum foil to protect the icing from the direct heat.
Let the cake cool completely before serving so that the pieces are easier to cut. And then? Enjoy! (ante)