Schinkenmarkt Gütersloh, The Gütsel Schinkenmarkt 2022, Ham Ahoy, Recipe Strammer Max and lots of music
The tapping of the keg is known in Germany primarily from the nationwide, Bavarian Oktoberfest – in Gütsel it has its own Westphalian tradition at the ham market.
- »This year, the ham market again offers a totally great and exciting program. Of course, again with a lot #Music«, according to the so-called »Verkehrsverein«, association for beautification and revitalization since 1880.
In the foreground of the market is the Westphalian ham on the bone, and also #Bratwurst, #Reibekuchen, #Bier and #Music are popular with the people of Gütersloh. The Session Sax Duo, a musical walking act with Martin Rode (tenor saxophone) and Dieter Brokemper (baritone saxophone) from Rheda Wiedenbrück, is also well known in Gütsel from the Schinkenmarkt in particular. A folk festival with a long tradition in the heart of the city on Berliner Platz, still known to many as the HVP.
An integral part of the ham market is the tried and tested stage program, which has something in store for many from the opening to the end of the ham market.
At this point you will find external content from Instagram that complements the article and is recommended by the editors. You can view it with one click.
I consent to this external content being displayed to me. Personal data is thus transmitted to Instagram and processed there. More on that in the Data protection.
Session Sax Duo
Martin Rode (tenor saxophone) and Dieter Brokemper (baritone saxophone), the Session Sax Duo from Rheda Wiedenbrück, play swinging music on their instruments, free from rigid music stands or musical constraints. Ham Ahoy!
Thursday 13 October 2022
- 4 p.m Opening of the ham market with tapping of the barrel the Gütersloher Fuhrmann, accompanied by the session sax duo.
- 6.30 p.m. session with Spooner And Friends and Gütersloh musicians. The popular Barfly Gang meets on the Schinkenmarkt stage.
Friday October 14, 2022
- 7.30pm Major Healey brings back the 70’s. With all its colors and with the strong one #Music.
Saturday 15 October 2022
- 2:30 p.m. Touch of Sound, Amazing acoustic music, that’s the motto of Touch of #Sound.
- 7.30 p.m. More or Less, from rock classics à la AC/DC, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin to party hits by U2, Kings of Leon and Pink – there is something for many tastes here.
Sunday October 16, 2022
- 2 p.m. Symphonic wind orchestra of the fire brigade, the musical arc spans from rousing Irish melodies to Herbert Grönemeyer and Earth, Wind & Fire to cult hits from the 80s and party dance hits of today.
- 5.30 pm acoustic duo with Richie Arndt and Gregor Hilden, 2 guitarists of the first German blues league do the honors.
- 8 p.m. Market end
»Tourism Partner 2022« is the Gütsler twin town of Châteauroux
Thursday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m
Recipe Tight Max
4 thick slices of bread
4 slices of Westphalian ham (or more)
The Stramme Max is a simple dish made from mixed bread, ham and fried eggs. Originally part of the Saxon and Berlin cuisine, the Stramme Max is common throughout Germany as home cooking and pub food.
To prepare it, slices of bread are either buttered or toasted in butter, covered with raw ham or bacon and finally covered with a fried egg. Depending on the recipe, the ham is also fried or placed on the bread in cubes instead of slices. Occasional additions are cheese, pickle slices, tomato slices, or onion rings. Another variant consists of meat loaf, roasted onions and fried eggs.
»With my grandfather Jürgen Hintzler, formerly director of the Sparkasse and chairman of the Michaeliswoche association, we traditionally regularly go to Kuhlmann’s restaurant, who also ran a Haflinger breed and was present at Gütsler town festivals with the well-known fire engine, on the B 61 in the direction of Bielefeld to the Drove Strammen Max Essen. Operated today by Waldemar Kuhlmann«, more
Photo: Raimond Spekking,
October 13th to 16th, 2022, Berliner Platz (HVP)