Steffen Henssler is stacked – but not deep! His quick number turns grilled eggplant slices, mozzarella, tomatoes and pine nuts into delicious little towers. The professional chef and author (“Henssler’s quick number: 100 new recipes”*) you in the video!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 Aubergine
- salt and pepper
- Olive oil (for greasing the grill pan)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 Kugel Mozzarella (125 g)
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 TL alter Balsamic
- 2 tbsp chives, cut into sticks
Preparation time: 35 minutes (including 30 minutes waiting time)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serve: 5 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- Cut off the front and back of the aubergine and then cut into slices. Spread the aubergine slices on a board and salt both sides. Then stack the aubergine slices on top of each other in a casserole dish and let stand for about 30 minutes until they have lost some water.
- Drain all slices on kitchen paper from both sides. Heat the grill pan and oil it with olive oil. Grill the aubergine slices in the hot grill pan for about five minutes on each side. Finally season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in another pan until golden brown. Cut the mozzarella and tomato into thin slices.
- Build towers of grilled aubergine, mozzarella and tomato slices to serve. Pour a tablespoon each of olive oil and old balsamic vinegar on top. Scatter pine nuts on top and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritional information per person
- Energie: 460 kcal
- Fett: 38 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Egg White: 18g
- Dietary fiber: 5 g
Henssler recipes: Even more quick numbers
From “the hottest vegetables in the world” to classic chicken fricassee and vegan wok vegetables to delicious pasta and sweet apple and pear crumble: You can find all of Steffen Henssler’s recipes here!
Stream “Grill den Henssler” with Steffen Henssler on RTL+
At “Grill den Henssler” on VOX, Steffen Henssler does what he does best: grilling celebrities on the stove. Entire episodes are available for streaming on RTL+ ready. (rka)
*We use affiliate links in this post. If you buy a product through these links, we receive a commission from the seller. There are no additional costs for you. Where and when you buy a product is of course up to you.