When the temperature is warm, you need a refreshing cake that is easy to bake. How about a deliciously creamy lemon tart? Here’s the recipe.
chocolate cake and Apple Cake: well and good, but on hot days you need a recipe that also suits the temperatures. That means, firstly, you don’t want to stand in the kitchen for long and, secondly, the taste should be refreshing and tangy instead of heavy. So one is perfect for spring and summer Lemon Cake quite outstanding. The French specialtyLemon pie‘ tastes wonderfully fresh and you only need five ingredients (not counting salt, because you always have it at home) to bake it! With her crispy shortcrust pastry base and the lemon-yellow, fruity filling, the tart is also a real eye-catcher on the coffee table.
Lemon Tart Recipe: You only need 5 ingredients
|Servings:||12 pieces (for a 26 cm Ø tart pan)|
|Baking time:||30 minutes|
|cooling time:||at least 2 hours|
- 150 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g Butter
- 140 grams of sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 organic lemons
How to bake the easy lemon tart with just a few ingredients
- For the dough knead the flour (150 g), the pinch of salt and 75 g of the butter with your hands. Add 4 tablespoons of cold water and continue kneading until you have a smooth dough. Wrap the ball of dough in cling film and place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Heat up the oven 180 °C top/bottom heat. Grease a tart pan and dust it with flour. Dust the work surface with some flour and roll out the dough in a circle so that it is slightly larger than the tart pan. Carefully lift the dough into the mold and press it all around.
- blind jaws: Cover the dough with baking paper and dried legumes (e.g. baking peas) and pre-bake the base on the lowest shelf for about 15 minutes. This prevents the dough base from rising and collapsing later or creating unsightly bubbles. Then take out the parchment paper and the legumes and bake the base for another 15 minutes.
- For the filling put the sugar (140 g) and the 3 eggs in a saucepan.
- Wash the 3 lemons in hot water and dry them. Rub off the peel – with this one Trick manages to grate lemon zest quickly and cleanly – and squeeze out the juice. Add the lemon zest and juice to the sugar and egg mixture in the saucepan and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cool briefly. Caution: Cooling is important so that the butter added in the next step does not separate and change the consistency.
- Now dice the remaining butter (75 g) and stir in. Reheat the mixture slowly and simmer for 2 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Distribute the lemon cream on the shortcrust pastry base, smooth them out and put the lemon tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours. The tart gets even better if you let it cool overnight.
To serve you can use the Lemon Cake for example with Powdered sugar (which, by the way, is also very easy to make yourself) dust or serve with whipped cream. Happy baking and bon appétit! (mad)