Copyright: IMAGO/USA TODAY Network
The playoffs are the first stage for any NFL team on the road to the Super Bowl. We show you the current 2022 photo of the playoffs and we’re pulling the Road to Super Bowl LVII.
Super Bowl 57 will be held in 2023. February 12 The top two teams in the National Football League will meet in the NFL Finals at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, home of the Cardinals.
However, the teams have a long way to go before then. The regular season with 18 game days is followed by the playoffs where only the top 14 teams participate. EXPRESS.de explains the regime and draws the “Road to Super Bowl 2023” with a picture of the NFL playoffs.
Who will make the NFL playoffs? Mode
As mentioned, there are 14 total spots in the NFL playoffs. However, the procedure is not that simple because you don’t necessarily have the best teams.
The reason for this is the structure of the NFL, which is divided into two conferences: the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC). Both conferences, in turn, are divided into four divisions in which four teams play. In total, the NFL has eight divisions and 32 teams. All of them play 17 games during the regular season.
Before the final Super Bowl meeting, both conferences will hold their own playoff contests to determine their best team and who will make it to the NFL Finals.
As of 2020, seven (previously six) teams from both conferences have made the playoffs. They are seeded based on their regular season record.
The four winners of each division advance to their respective conference playoffs. The division winners with the best win-loss record are ranked No. 1 in their respective conference (AFC and NFC) and the division winners are ranked No. 4. In addition, there are three teams with the best records that could not win their division. Based on their record, they are ranked 5th, 6th and 7th.
If two or more teams are tied, the tie-break rule applies. The established order of criteria decides who will ultimately qualify for the playoffs. These range from head-to-head comparisons of your division’s record to “strength of schedule” (the winning ratio of all opponents in the regular season) or the difference between total points scored and conceded.
Current 2022 NFL Playoff Picture (After Week 13)
Week by week, NFL results affect conference seeding. Sometimes there can be a lot of delays on match day. That’s how they see it Seeds after 13 weeks comes out:
- AFC: #1 Buffalo Bills (9-3), #2 Kansas City Chiefs (9-3), #3 Baltimore Ravens (8-4), #4 Tennessee Titans (7-5), #5 Cincinnati Bengals (8- 4), #6 Miami Dolphins (8-4), #7 Jets (7-5)
- NFC: 1 Philadelphia Eagles (11-1), 2 Minnesota Vikings (10-2), 3 San Francisco 49ers (8-4), 4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-6), 5 Dallas Cowboys (9-3) ), # 6 New York Giants (7-4-1), #7 Seattle Seahawks (7-5-0)
- Note: * = The team has already safely qualified for the playoffs
This picture of the NFL playoffs is currently from the seeding lists:
AFC Wild Card Round
- 2 Kansas City Chiefs – 7 New York Jets.
- No. 3 Baltimore Ravens – No. 6 Miami Dolphins.
- 4 Tennessee Titans – 5 Cincinnati Bengals.
NFC Wild Card Round
- 2 Minnesota Vikings – 7 Seattle Seahawks
- #3 San Francisco 49ers – #6 New York Giants
- 4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 5 Dallas Cowboys
So much Buffalo Bills (AFC), as well Philadelphia Eagles (NFC) is the No. 1 ranked team’s direct…