The 2022/23 UEFA Europa League group stage draw will take place in Istanbul on 26 August at 13:00 CET. broadcast live.
Which teams are in the lottery pot?
Manchester United (English)
Red Star (SRB)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Royal Society (ESP)
Real Betis (ESP)
Central Jutland (DEN)
Bodø / Glimt (NOR)
Union Berlin (GER)
Helsinki University of Applied Sciences (FINLAND)
Audra Graz (AUT)
AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Saint Gilles (BEL)
The draw will feature the 12 automatically qualified teams, the 10 winners from the Europa League play-offs and the 10 losers from the play-offs for the Champions League or the 3rd qualifying round of the league.
the expiration date of the lottery
• The 32 clubs have been divided into four teams of eight according to the guidelines below.
• The first bank contains the holders of the UEFA Europa Conference League (Rome) and the top seven clubs according to the club odds ranking, the second bank contains the other top eight teams and so on and so forth.
• To ensure that paired clubs from the same association start at different times within the guidelines, the eight groups are colour-coded: groups A-D are red, groups E-H are blue.
• For example, if a paired club is assigned to a red group (A, B, C or D), then the next paired club drawn by the draw will automatically be placed in one of the four blue groups (E, F, G or H).
• The red and blue group games have different start times (18:45 or 21:00 CET).
Why are some clubs paired?
If the associations have two representatives, these clubs are paired so that their games start at different times.
In associations with three representatives, only two clubs are paired.
Associations with a representative in the UEFA Europa League group stage and a representative in the UEFA Europa League group stage will also pair these clubs so that their matches start at different times.
For associations with one UEFA Europa League group stage representative and three UEFA Europa League group stage representatives, the unpaired UEFA Europa League group stage club is paired with a UEFA Europa League group stage club.
If the associations have three UEFA Europa League group stage representatives and one UEFA Europa League group stage representative, the unpaired UEFA Europa League club is paired with a UEFA Europa League group stage club.
All of these pairings were determined by television audiences.
A Rome and Latium
B Man United and Arsenal.
C Red Star and Guerrilla (UECL)
D Dynamo Kyiv and Dnipro-1 (UECL)
E Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven
F Rennes and Monaco
G Real Sociedad and Real Betis.
H Malmö and Djurgården (UECL)
i Central Jutland and Silkeborg (UECL)
J Bodø / Glimt & Molde (UECL)
K Union of Berlin and Freiburg
L Fenerbahce and Trabzonspor.
M Nantes and Nice (UECL)
N Sturm Graz and Austria Vienna (UECL)
oh AEK Larnaca and Omonoia
Mr Zurich and Basel (UECL)
What will happen then?
die group winner straight away to the round of 16.
die runners-up advances to the knockout stages, where they face one of the eight teams relegated from third place in the UEFA Champions League.
die Group shit get into In the UEFA European Conference League, where they meet the runners-up of this competition in the play-off matches.
Matchday 1: 2022 September 8
Matchday 2: 2022 September 15
Matchday 3: 2022 October 6
Matchday 4: 2022 October 13
Matchday 5: 2022 October 27
Matchday 6: 2022 November 3
Playoffs: November 7
Round of 16: February 24
Quarter and semi-finals: March 17
*All draws start at 1pm. CET
Playoffs where playoffs: February 16 and 23
Round 16: 2023 March 9 and 16
Quarter-finals: 2023 April 13 and 20
Semi-finals: 2023 May 11 and 18
Final: 2023 May 31